This weekend, Austin & I did some surveying and did the layout of the building corners. There was an established benchmark height in the center of our cul-de-sac which we transferred down to the manhole at the corner of our property.
The last time I did any surveying was during a mini-mester at A&M – the same mini-mester that Austin & I started dating. We were in the same Surveying Course, and he took me to lunch one day! It brought back fun memories!
We had to buy a hammer drill to be able to put the stakes in the ground, since we are working in limestone.
Now we have the layout ready so we can bring in earthwork contractors to dig the basement. We submitted our application for permit yesterday…it’s finally coming together!